Question 4: Who Would Be The Audience For Your Media Product?
The genre of my magazine is that of electro-house and general electronic music but with quite an aggressive and dark twist on it, thus making the sub-genre “death-electro”. My target audience was original going to be between the ages of 16-22, however after realising that 22 was quite a hard audience to address, I settled at 16-20. The early 20’s are often a difficult age to market at as they have such a range of different mind sets; some will have just finished full time education and heading into the real world, whereas others may have been working since high school thus having a totally different opinion and taste. I chose this age range as they are still growing up and wanting a bit of fun, but are able to understand the more mature elements of the magazine. I believe that my readership would be either a C1, C2 or E psycho-graphically as they would mostly be in full-time education with a few being in a lower-paid working atmosphere and a minority having a higher-paid job. I believe that the majority of my audience would be lower-middle class, working class or students because most of these class boundaries are filled with people between the ages of 16 and 20.
Stereotypically, I would expect my audience to be quite solitary and enjoy being different from others; they would not conform to the mainstream and would not want to be seen doing things that others do. I’d expect to see them wearing quite dark clothing, borderline gothic, and predict that they themselves would not be interested in well-known fashion brands, accessories or stores. I’d expect them to aim for less sociable jobs and want jobs that are perhaps creative and allow them to do their own thing and not depend on other people, such as a graphic designer or working in a warehouse. I’d expect the majority of my readership to be male, but I’d still expect quite a strong female readership as the magazine itself isn’t particularly aimed at one gender; it is unisex. This is because the magazine will consist and rely on a few pictures of relatively promiscuous models, however they will not be a huge feature and, of course, the main part of my magazine will be the music and the acts, which do not specify a gender.
No comments:
Post a Comment